Thursday 2 April 2015

Photo Shoot 2

For this photo shoot I went to Oxford Street in London as there are usually many people there shopping, especially tourists who would make a good subject for the pictures. Moreover the abundance of shops gave me a greater choice in finding an inspirational shop window.


In the photograph above I wanted to experiment with using a close up shot rather than a long shot. This denotes a customer looking at an item in the shop window that she is fond of. I think this picture would have been better if there was more of a reflection of the setting, however I still like that I was able to create a depth of field.


In this image I was inspired by the colourful shapes that were in the shop window. I thought that they would be able to show interesting reflections however this wasn't that clear in the photograph. In this image I also tried to capture the red bus (as this would connote the London setting) that was driving past in the background, however this too wasn't very clear.


I tried to photograph the same location from a different angle here. I used the mirror that was in the window to show the large buildings in the background, however I think this just made the image look too busy. I think that a successful image should have a clear point of focus.
  

This was my favourite photograph from this shoot, therefore I edited it on Photoshop. The woman on the right hand side looks like she would fit into the target audience of the store (I believe this was Selfridges) as she looks quite wealthy and fashionable. I like that she is searching through her bag as this looks very natural and candid rather than posed.

No comments:

Post a Comment