Friday 27 March 2015

Photo Shoot 1

For my first photo shoot, I went to Brighton to take pictures of shop windows but focusing on the people that could be seen in the reflection.


I chose to take pictures in this shop window because I liked that the cakes were very bright and creative looking, for example the cookie monster cupcake. 


I found this shop quite interesting since it sold 50s style clothes which aren't sold in most other shops. I wanted to capture the sales assistant who was also dressed in 50s attire. I think this image would be better if the assistant was standing closer to the window so that you could see her properly.


I like that this image shows a couple interacting in the background, however it doesn't have much relation to the shop window itself.


I chose to use JD Sports' window as it is a typical representation of the youth. In the image above a young person in similar closing walks past and appears to be like the target audience for JD Sports.


I thought it would be interesting to experiment with taking a direct photograph of some people looking in to the shop window rather than using a reflection. I don't think this looks as successful as the other images as it is unclear what the subject of the photograph is.


I like the depth of field in this image as the focus is in the background rather than the foreground. Also the reflection looks more like a multiple exposure image rather than just one photograph. At the same time I think that the theme of the photograph gets lost in this image.


This was my favourite photograph out of this photo shoot. I think the older people contrast with the representation of the youth in the shop window, thus representing them as the 'other'. I decided to edit the image in black and white with a high contrast as I think that this makes it look more dramatic. The image has a slightly grainy effect too which makes it look vintage. This emphasises the age of the subjects whilst subverting the shop window's youth. I think I would like to use this photograph as part of my final few pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment